Home Museum The history

The history

Opened in 1995 by Wanda Ferragamo and her family, the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum was designed to show the public the history of the brand’s founder and his creations – footwear viewed by museums and experts worldwide as no less than works of art. On December 5th 2006, the Museum was re-opened in a new location inside of the Palazzo Spini Feroni, the company’s headquarters since 1938.
Drawing on an archive of 13.000 original shoes and innumerable lasts, photos and working documents of the great designer, the footwear collection is in a perfect setting.